Crabtree Falls

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Helter Skelter




William Carey International University - Pasadena, California.
This is the campus where I spent a summer.  What a summer it was!


Back then I knew about Charles Manson and the grisly murders, but almost no details.  The fact it all happened in L.A. and before I was born - knew it.  That summer I was in L.A. a group of us was watching the movie Helter Skelter, which was released in 1976.  We were in a lounge/conference room on the William Carey International University campus.  There were lots of sofas in there, plus a TV and VCR.  We started watching it at night, and all the lights were off.  At some point, I dozed off to sleep on the one of the sofas - a very long movie, by the way.  Later, I woke up, the movie was still playing (a scary part) and I looked around and no one else was in the room with me.  I turned that TV off so fast and walked quickly to my dorm room.  Never forgotten it.  Obviously.


These days, I have Charles Manson on my wall!  Click here.

No comments: