Crabtree Falls

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Start Me Up



Legion Field - Birmingham, Alabama


When I was a freshman at Samford University, The Rolling Stones was on their North American tour.  Of course, I knew of the Stones and that were legendary rockers, but, in my mind, they were kind of washed up.  I was just wrong.  They were at the peak of their musical powers in many ways.  They performed at Legion Field in Birmingham, and I knew a few classmates who went to see them.  I wish I had.  Talk about a missed opportunity!

A few years later, when I was living in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, I visited some Uzbek guys at their apartment and I remember they were blasting The Rolling Stones.  They had a cassette tape recorded from an original.  One of the guys really loved them.  At some point that same year, I got my hands on a biography of Mick Jagger.  I read it while hanging out in my apartment in Tashkent.

Who remembers this commercial?  I do.  There was great anticipation for the release of Windows 95 and big push for everybody to see the new ad.

It was in the mid-90s when I purchased my first Rolling Stones album.  It was a greatest hits CD, and I rode around in my white Ford Taurus, listening to it.  I loved the song Emotional Rescue.


In Bangkok in 2003, just after Kade and I got married, I bought a DVD of this concert.  We enjoyed watching it.

No comments: