Crabtree Falls

Sunday, April 28, 2024

A Man Called Horse


This was released in cinemas in 1970.  It was later put into color and shown on television.  In my bedroom, where there was a TV in the late 70s/early 80s, I remember being spellbound by this movie.  I would stand close to the TV and watch.  It was terrifying to me at that age, especially when they put him through the rites of passage.  

What's interesting, though, is that I always was intrigued by the Indians.  When my brother and I played "Cowboys and Indians,"  he took the cowboys and I took the Indians.  There was something mesmerizing about their headdresses and riding bareback into battle.  Geronimo, in particular, was an Indian chief that captured my young imagination.

Click here for an amazing map of the Native Tribes of North America.

No comments: