Crabtree Falls

Friday, September 27, 2024

A Date Is A Date

Allen,

Here's the story that I told about the date your mother had with curlers in her hair. 

She had a one time date with ......... (a nice guy but not what you would call classic, especially with someone like Dinah).  She accepted the invitation, but when he came over her hair was still wet and in rollers.  Rather than having to wait, she tied some kind of scarf, towel or something to cover the rollers and off they went on the date.  Lenora (her classmate and friend) could not believe that she would actually go on a date like this.  She asked Dinah what happened later.  "Well," Dinah said, "he never asked me on another date!"  When she dated on Sundays, Dorothy always required her to attend church.  This always griped me because I was "cast out" so to speak - was not able to sit beside her.  She and I always sat together in church or on the school bus.  She was always a good buddy to me and we enjoyed each other's friendship. 

Cousin Gary Flemings

No comments: