I remember going to three Auburn-Alabama games when Bear Bryant was coaching. Of course, I was with my dad, who was the biggest Auburn fan.
One time we had end zone seats. My dad liked to get to games early, so we see the bands come in and the players warming up. I remember my dad pointed towards the field and said, "That's Bear Bryant down there, leaning against the goal post." Coach Bryant's back was to us and watching The Tide go through their warm-ups. Years later, I learned that that was the Bear's routine. Looking back, I appreciate my dad pointing him out. In 1981, we were there for Bear's record-breaking 315th victory. We sat in the end zone that game for sure. 1982 was Bear's last one, and that was the "Bo over the Top" and Auburn won 23-22. We had better seats then. I will write more about the 1982 game later.
Other Iron Bowls I went to
1987 & 1988 I was playing high school basketball, so I had other commitments. In 1989, I was also playing basketball. However, since the Iron Bowl was in Auburn for the first time in history, there was no chance I'd miss that.




.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment