When we took that 2011 trip to Albany (NY), I considered driving the little over an hour south to Hyde Park to tour the FDR family home/library and burial site. We really needed another day for it to work smoothly, however, and I hate rushed activities. The CIA (Culinary Institute of America) is also nearby, and I thought Kade might have enjoyed a tour. Maybe another time. By the way, a couple of days ago when I researching that goodwill tour to the USSR, I learned a few more interesting things. Very shortly after Major and the others returned to the USA in July '59, VP Richard Nixon arrived in Moscow for his tour, and the "great kitchen debate" ensued. Then, in September, Khrushchev and his wife stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC, and one day their motorcade drove up the Hudson River Valley to Hyde Park. Khrushchev met with Eleanor Roosevelt and together laid a wreath on FDR's tomb. Also, that same year (1959), Oswald made his first trip to the USSR, where he intended to live. They rejected his request for citizenship, but he did live there for a few years. The rest is history and conspiracy. lol
- message to a cousin years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment