Crabtree Falls

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas in Headland

 A White Christmas in South Alabama!  The Espy home on Main Street in Headland, Alabama.  This picture is probably actually from the late '70s or early '80s.
The rest of the photos are from 1967.  Above, Leslie and Mark were the center of attention! Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Don are bottom right.  Notice the bench Granddad Major was sitting on.  I have it now, and I use it quite regularly.  The bench is at least 43 years old, and I can say it's got the original cushion and it's in overall great shape.
 My dear mother holding my brother Mark.

 (top) Siblings, Major, Sarah and Bud John (bottom)  Uncle Roby and Aunt Frances

I am especially happy to have this picture.  It was one that Watty had not developed because the negative was damaged.  You can see the shadows.  I found the negative in an envelope, got it developed to see what it was, and viola!  It went with the set of Christmas photos above.  In this one, we have (l-r) Aunt Mila, Aunt Frances, Dad and Deedee (Edith Vann Espy).  Leslie is the child in the foreground.

No comments: