Asheville, North Carolina

Sunday, February 22, 2026

Ping Pong Story




Growing up, we had a fold-up ping pong table we set up in the garage.  We really loved it!  Our remember our mother surprising us with it at Christmas, and it was one of the best gifts ever.  My brother Miles and I got to be pretty good!  Most of the time, we left it set up in the garage, simply because we played so much.  But there was a time when things went a bit away.  Miles and I were folding it to store it away.  Mother was nearby and watching.  As we did it, suddenly the table top got off-balance and the weight ended up badly bending the table legs.  We went from happiness to shock!  Looking back, we were in a rush and just were careless.  I remember Mother getting very upset.  She spent quite a bit of money on it, and just like that, the table was damaged.  Needless to say, we didn't get another one!  

No comments: